Wednesday, July 8, 2009

24 Hell

My Beautiful Wife sits through a lot of really bad movies with me (just click on “movies” under categories and you’ll find a lot of examples). I definitely owe her for that, and how I pay that debt is to watch the TV series 24 with her when the new season hits DVD, watching it in large concentrations. This is more than fair.

The snag is, I’m among the few people who really hates 24. The preposterous plots, improbable plans, etc. torques me off in a big way. I’m 22 hours into this year’s 24 Hell, and there have been a series of biological attacks, a near chemical spill, terrorists seizing the White House and holding the President hostage, and the use of the air traffic control system to cause planes to collide in mid-air. As with every season, any government or law enforcement agency is composed of at least 50% traitors and double agents. The main character has been infected with prions that are eating his brain, although it’s a certainty he will be healed, even if that’s impossible. One past season had an agent shot through the throat, severing his carotid artery. He had quick surgery, and was back in action after an hour or so.

So why am I whining about this here? Well, I’m certainly not going to whine about it to BW, as that would defeat the purpose of my sacrifice, and I love whining too much to let the opportunity slip by.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I detest 24 as well

KentAllard said...

That;s cause you are the type of furriner that Jack likes to torcher. ;-)