Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mama's Boy Wins Dark Quill Award


If you read this blog I question your taste you know I am very fond of Fran Friel’s short story collection Mama’s Boy and Other Dark Tales. For once, I’m not alone, as Dark Scribe magazine has awarded it the Black Quill Award for Reader’s Choice for Best Dark Genre Fiction Collection. Well-deserved congratulations to Fran, and to all the voters: you got it right. Unlike those people who voted in the Roberto Benigni fiasco a few years back. What the hell were you thinking?

1 comment:

Fran Friel said...

"What the hell were you thinking?" LOL! You crack me up.

Thank you so very much for the wonderful support, once again. You're marvelous, my friend, and you have the distinct knack of making me blush.

Warm Hugs from the North,
Fran