Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Chop Shop Horror Show Strikes Again

Want a good way to ring in the New Year? Kent Gowran has splattered a new story at The Chop Shop Horror Show. This time, it’s “Daddy’s Boy” by Ray Banks, and as always, it’s a killer. Hurry on over, because it’s only there for a limited time.

And, speaking of The Chop Shop Horror Show, surely there’s an appropriate category that will allow it to be nominated for a Stoker Award. Some of the best stories of the year have debuted there.

2 comments:

Kent said...

I have no idea if it would qualify. I do pay the writers $.05 per word, which I think makes it a professional paying gig, however, nothing is archived. The stories appear for two months, and then are gone forever, unless the writer sells them to another market (Living Dead Bitch, for example, is a bonus in the upcoming House Of Blood hardcover). I really don't know how the Stokers work, and, for what it's worth, I don't believe in the begging, er, "campaigning" for attention that some do in order to get the Stoker nod. That said, if someone liked the stories enough to nominate one of them, that would be fantastic. Recognition for a job well done is always nice and appreciated.

KentAllard said...

I don't know if it qualifies either, and since I'm not a member of the HWA, I can't put in a nomination. I agree the pleading for recognition is painful to see, but if I can figure out how to push this, I'll do any thing I can. Obviously because you've done a great job selecting stories, but also because it is an innovative way to present fiction.

Have you thought about one day putting out a print CSHS anthology? I realize additional rights would have to be re-acquired, but it would make a helluva book.