Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm Not All Mean

I recently received an e-mail from someone who worked on one of the low budget movies I posted on unfavorably. I understand her being upset at some nimrod with a keyboard ripping her work, but I did want to comment on one thing she said. She asked why I bothered doing this, since I hate everything. I don’t think that’s true, but I have reviewed a lot of movies I didn’t like.

I want to assure you that when it comes to movies, I am the Great Optimist. Every time I pop a disc in the DVD player, I have the hope that it will be a good one. Even something as obviously a clunker like The Howling 3: The Marsupials, which I bought as part of a bulk lot and which has sat on my shelf so long I think the house was built around it, I look forward to in the sunny hope that it will entertaining. I mean, come on. Who else do you know who has said nice things about Uwe Boll?

No comments: