Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Invisible Fences - 2011 Stoker Winner


Way back in December of 2008, I posted a review of Norman Prentiss excellent book Invisible Fences, and did what little I could to beat the drum for this masterpiece of quiet horror. I made an offhand remark at the time that Invisible fences would win a Stoker Award. Considering I’m right about something every decade or so, I’m happy to say that prediction came true, and Invisible Fences won in the Long Fiction category. Congratulations, Norman, it was a well-deserved win.

It’s fashionable to bash the Stoker Awards for the endless electioneering that goes on, and I’ve criticized them myself, but this years winners are pretty impressive, and if you plan some reading around the list, you shouldn’t be disappointed.
.

No comments: