Monday, April 13, 2009

No More Haunt For Me

A few people have e-mailed me to ask what happened to my page at The Haunt. Speculation has been that I committed some unspeakably vile act that caused me to get banned for life from all decent venues. Thanks guys, for having such an accurate opinion of me, but it isn’t true in this case.

I think the concept of Twitter is cool, and if you are a horror-loving Facebook/MySpace type, it is probably something you’ll enjoy. Unfortunately, I’m pretty anti-social by nature, so after I got the page set up the way I wanted it, I couldn’t figure out what to do with it. I talked to the same people I talk to everywhere else, and couldn’t get into the message boards. So, I nuked the page.

This is not meant in any way to be a criticism of The Haunt, it is just my personal preference. And to John, who implied that it was odd that I shun Facebook and MySpace, but set up an account at The Haunt, the universe is now back in alignment.

5 comments:

John Hornor said...

Good on ya, man. Holler at me when your hermit's beard fills in and you start snacking on your own lice.

Kidding.

I set up an account at The Haunt but couldn't bring myself to go and try to make friends. I want people to come to ME! In supplication. Like some oriental potentate.

Ok. I'll stop.

How was your weekend?

KentAllard said...

Hail caused damage to our vehicles and damaged the roof enough it will need to be replaced. Wind ripped the shutters off the house. We discovered a major infestation of moths that had to be eradicated. No plague of locusts yet, so it was okay. How was yours?

Unknown said...

And there was me thinking you nuked it cause I started to talk to you there.

Moths eh? That will be the last time you open your wallet again.

KentAllard said...

I'm just anti-social in general. When you mentioned moths flying out of the wallet, I thought of Andy Capp.

Unknown said...

Andy Capp, now there is a blast from the past.