Tuesday, May 3, 2011

I Did Not Go To Oz


So, the blog hasn’t been updated in a while, but this time I’ve got a good excuse: Last Wednesday’s tornadoes passed through my area, and power was out for five days. (It is still out for most of the city.) One of the twisters passed less than a mile from our house, and en masse, they pretty well destroyed the power authority’s grid for this part of the state. I would like to point out while many people’s experience with the tornado outbreak was very tragic (nearly 300 people killed, so far), mine was not. A chair in the backyard I hated anyway was destroyed, and the canopy of a glider swing I wanted my wife to get rid of was shredded, but other than that, our only loss was some food that spoiled, and having to live in the nineteenth century for a few days*. A mild inconvenience, at best. I missed the internet less than I would have thought. As I mentioned on Twitter, while I was without power, I missed television, then when it was restored, I couldn’t think of anything I wanted to watch. I guess Sharktopus 2 didn’t come out while I was cut off.

Anyone who sent me a message during the blackout, I promise I'll get back to you. To anyone who was looking for a review of their book, I'll catch up as soon as possible.

* With a Kindle and a cell phone, of course, just like the Western pioneers in the 1870s
.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy crap, man. Good to hear you're alright. The weather on the news is crazy. My neck of the woods seems idyllic compared to the floods, tornadoes, oil spills, and earthquakes all over the place.

John Hornor said...

Again, glad you're still among the living. Good job there.